Wednesday 23 July 2008

Kungalv to Gothenburg: A midsummer's night's dream






Having avoided the extortianate camping pices in Kungalv, 1300 Sek, by camping beneath the castle, I made my way to Gothenburg.
Passing through the centre of Gothenburg I came across 3 German Kids who had just finished thir A-levels and had decided to cycle from Potsdam to Denmark, through Sweden and then home again. They only the most minimal of equipment on them, their bikes were old town bikes and there was not a pair of cycling shorts between them. Their resourcefulness and zest for spontaneous adventure put me to shame! We brought Chicken together and cooked it in a city park on a cooking stove they had brought with them. I am deffinately going to get one. It was at this point that we met a Finnish Girl who was hitchhiking around Sweden. She had hitched up her hammock about 10metres from the ground in an oak tree along with all her equipment! I was very impressed to say the least.
The German trio decided to keep moving in order to get to their connecting ferry at Trelleborg and cycled of into the night. Emma, the Finnish Girl and I decided to sleep in the park and make our way to an ancient Nordic festival called a Ting which was taking place the next day about 5km soth of Gothenburg.

No comments: