Saturday 19 July 2008

Trollhattan: A dark cloud with a silver lining.

Hello Everyone!

Apolagies for this late 1st blog entry but there have been a few disasters here in Trollhattan at the beginning of this trip. My bike was stollen from outside the Konsthallen on the second night, despite being secured with two chains! This expedition threatening disaster was mitigated by the very kind curator of the Konsthallen, Peter who has contributed very generously towards a new bike. I have ended up with a better one then I came out with so this cloud does seem to have a silver lining.

The Deviant Art Festival is much smaller this year but there is some beautiful Drawing and video work on display. I have been camping with two other Artists; Angus Braithwaite and his wife Corinne Mynatt, next to a very friendly German family with a blind puppy which barks at everything!
I have included images of Frederick Lindberg and Angus Braithwaite recreating Yves Klein's famous photo of him jumping from a building this evening using the Trollhattan canal as a softer landing.

Due to these earlier problems I may starting my journey on Monday 21st but I will keep you posted

Best wishes,

Oliver

No comments: