Wednesday 23 July 2008

Trollhattan to Kunlagv: Deceased Beaver






Having overcome the near total disaster of losing my bike, I said my final goodbyes, and set of from the town of Trollhattan at 15.20 beneath a bright blue sky.

The road to Kunlagv follows the Trollhattan canal though beautiful undulating countryside. Small areas of hilly forest give way to orchards and farmland giving the route a great variety of scenery. It is also, once you have climbed out of the steep valley that Trollhattan sits in, mostly downhill, which is a great blessing!

Pictured here are: My last view of Trollhattan looking down river from the hydroelectric dam, Vincent, a man from Belgium who I met passing through Asbracka. He was cycling up through Sweden, Finland, the Baltic states and back down to Belgium. He was delighted to have met me and was interested in my plan to cycle to Beijing one day.
A dead Beaver I passed just outside Lilla Edet.
The Castle at Kungalv and sunset over the Göta Ölv.

1 comment:

Theo said...

Great Pictures! The scenery looks amazing!

Keep filling in the blog...i love reading it.

Let me know what happens at a 'ting' I've never heard of such a 'ting' before!

Take care and keep filling us all in on your travels!

Laura x