Friday 22 August 2008

Fehmarn-Lubeck





Inexplicably ignoring the advice of the tourist information lady on Fehmarn I decided to shun the coast road down to Lubeck and work my way down futher inland via Oldenburg. It was in Oldenburg that I came across an odd little restaurant tucked up a hillside. The eccentric but friendly Chef and owner, Kurt, insisted that there was no menu and proceeded to make me possibly the most delicious meal I ate during the whole trip, a huge steak with horseradish, galic butter and grilled vegetables for eight euros!
Pictured here: Kurt, Me with a Norwegian Father and and Son who I had met in Pansdorf, they too had been been in Christania and were cycling from Oslo to southern Spain. A flower, fruit and veg seller in Lubeck, the bronze door handles of Lubeck Cathedral.

No comments: