Friday 29 August 2008

Meppen-Schoonebeek-Hardenburg

I had been making good time cycling across Germany from Hamburg and it had taken me less than two days to reach Meppen from Hamburg a distance of about 240km. The weather however was turning against me and I was now cycling into a strong headwind as I crossed over the border into Holland. This was totally exhausting. Dutch roads are well set up for cyclists so this was some recompense.

I had know idea there was oil in Western Germany. There were several dozen of these wells along the road approaching the Dutch border.

2 comments:

Aina said...

Hej Oliver!Hur mår du!?
i dont have your email adress, so here is mine. id like to know how you are!!!
hugs from finland
emma.petrov@gmail.com

scramblehead said...

Wow! You managed to post a comment on here. No one else has been able to. Apparantly its really complicated and then doesn't work! Nice to hear from you! oliver.rahr@gmail.com